Thanksgiving is a holiday to express gratitude. This annual celebration is observed in the United States on the fourth Thursday of November. It originated with the first harvest festivals in New England; these were commemorated by gatherings called “hanks” or “hans.” The tradition spread to other areas and was appropriated by the Pilgrims and Native Americans. Today, Thanksgiving has become synonymous with gratitude and family.
Thanksgiving is a time to express gratitude; it’s a reminder that we’re fortunate enough to live in a country as wonderful as America. Thanksgiving is usually spent with family and friends at the table sharing a bountiful meal and exchanging gifts. This holiday is also an opportunity to reflect on the year past and the year ahead. For example, people reflect on how thankful they are for their families and friends, as well as their health and wealth. It’s also an excellent time to contemplate the past year’s triumphs and mistakes— allowing us to make better choices going forward.
To make this holiday even more special, it’s customary to celebrate the things for which we are most grateful. We do this by setting up tables around which family members gather to eat their fill of tasty dishes. These include turkey, stuffing, gravy, cranberries, sweet potatoes, cornbread and pumpkin pie. Guests often share heartwarming stories about their lives and those they love before everyone digs in to eat their fill of delicious food.
Thanksgiving is a time for reflection on our blessings as we celebrate our many reasons for being grateful. It’s a special time when we come together with family and friends to share our blessings and our bounty with one another. As Benjamin Franklin said, “It is good to eat bread together . . . it creates human bondages . . . strengthens affections”— sentiments echoed by all cultures at every time in history!
Best Wishes For Thanksgiving
- I wish you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving feast filled with loving companionship.
- Thanksgiving is a time to reflect on all we have to be thankful for. You count as one of our greatest blessings. We want you to have a happy Thanksgiving.
- I hope you enjoy Thanksgiving as much as a pumpkin pie.
- During Thanksgiving, I wish you all the best delights life has to offer. This includes good health as you work hard, good food on your table, and time spent with family and friends. I also wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!
- Thank you for being such a great friend. I appreciate the blessing that you are on this Thanksgiving Day. May you have hope, joy, peace, good health, success and love.I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving. I hope your hard work leads to success and brings excitement to your life.It’s November, which means it’s time to be grateful, remember, and appreciate the people in your life. I’m especially grateful for you!
- I’d like to extend warm thoughts to my wonderful friend on Thanksgiving Day. I hope she and her family have an incredible time!
- I hope your Thanksgiving is as wonderful as you are on this special day. I’m thinking of you while celebrating.
- I’m grateful for our friendship above all else this Thanksgiving season.
- I wish you surrounded by your loved ones at your favorite Thanksgiving meal.
- May your Thanksgiving celebration be filled with peace, love and joy.
- On this Thanksgiving holiday, count your blessings instead of the calories you intake. Wishing you a happy Thanksgiving! — Homemade Gifts Made Easy
- During the Thanksgiving Day you’re looking forward to, you hope to have a lot of excitement. However, during a small portion of the day, you also hope to take a short nap.
- This Friendsgiving, consider making homemade gifts. These would allow you to experience the laughter of friends, delicious smells, and lasting cheer.
- I hope everyone enjoys a fun-filled Thanksgiving holiday; thanks for being awesome.
- I consider you my greatest blessing.
- I’m grateful to have a crazy family, and I would never change it.
- Thank you for everything you’ve done for me. I’m grateful to have a family as great as mine.
- This Thanksgiving, wish for a turkey leg.
- I’m grateful to the people in my life for making me happy on Thanksgiving.
- I wish the turkey on Thanksgiving had a bone that broke in favor of your wish.
- Someone once said, “Home is where you go when you have somewhere to go. Family is made of those you love. Both are a blessing.”
- I am thankful to have you in my life; you enrich me and I appreciate you. Thanksgiving is an opportunity to reflect on all the people in our lives we appreciate.
- I’m grateful to be a part of a supportive, loving and wonderful family. There are no other things in this world I value more.
- I appreciate you being in my life; therefore, I want to thank you for existing. As I give thanks for the many blessings I have, I wanted to let you know that I appreciate you.
- Thanksgiving is a great time to remember good times, appreciate what we have and show gratitude. I appreciate you the most out of all things; therefore, I’m most thankful for you. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
- On Thanksgiving Day, we want to say how much we care about you. Although we’re separated today, you’re always in our hearts. Please take good care of yourself and stay safe. We miss you!
- This Thanksgiving card contains hugs and kisses. It also has a wish for a blessed and happy occasion.
- There’s always something to be grateful for, no matter how bad our lives may seem. Recognizing this will provide a direct connection to the powers above. Today we should remember that it’s possible to find something to appreciate in almost any situation.
- We miss you a ton, even though we are far away from each other. Next time we see you, we will send plenty of hugs and Kisses.
- I want to give my best wishes to my favorite people ever on Thanksgiving. This year in particular, I wish I could spend the holiday with you all. I miss you a lot and can’t wait until we have another holiday together. All my love!
- Our homes may be far from each other, but our hearts are always close.
- Thanksgiving grants people the opportunity to reflect on the tastes of their childhood. These include delicious desserts, mouth-watering foods, and family games. Although I can’t attend this year, I plan on being there in spirit. I miss you and hope you have a happy Thanksgiving.