What Is Sarcasm?
Sarcasm is the act of saying one thing while meaning the opposite. It is mostly a verbal device, with intention of putting someone down. For instance, if you say, “Yeah, he’s a real mental giant” while rolling your eyes, you’ve just engaged in sarcasm. Though always mocking, sarcasm ranges from affectionate ribbing to deliberate humiliation.
Sarcasm can be obvious, as in the example above, or it can be subtle or deadpan. Most people know someone who makes sarcastic remarks with a straight face, leaving his audience wondering if he meant what he said. That’s because, on a literal level, the sarcastic remark could be true. For instance, if you say, “She’s really beautiful,” you could mean it. The tone and accompanying gestures are what let others know you are being sarcastic. If you want to learn more about Sarcasm then visit this link or checkout our interesting collection of best ever sarcastic meme and sarcasm jokes for you. Hope you like it.
- My wife just found out I replaced our bed with a trampoline; she hit the roof.
- I’m not saying your perfume is too strong. I’m just saying the canary was alive before you got here.
- My girlfriend is always stealing my t-shirts and sweaters… But if I take one of her dresses, suddenly “we need to talk”.
- How is it that I always seem to buy the plants without the will to live?
- My dad died when we couldn’t remember his blood type. As he died, he kept insisting for us to “be positive,” but it’s hard without him.
- “No, thanks. I’m a vegetarian.” is a fun thing to say when someone hands you their baby.
- I hope the guy who invented Autocorrect burns in hello!
- When wearing a bikini, women reveal 90 % of their body… men are so polite they only look at the covered parts.
- I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.. Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.
- I hope when I inevitably choke to death on gummy bears people just say I was killed by bears and leave it at that.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE TO READ :